- Bake one pan at a time. Place the pan with the parchment paper into the oven and then add one cup of hot water to the old pan underneath, standing back to avoid the burning steam. Close the door quickly.
- Every 2 minutes for the first 8 minutes, spray water on the side walls.
- After 10 minutes, turn oven down to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Turn tray around.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, turn down oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, if bread is not yet done. Turn tray around if necessary.
- Use an instant read thermometer if you would like to know if your bread is done. Internal temperature should reach 180 to 190 degrees Fahrenheit.
These baguettes just came out of the oven (I had removed the browned parchment paper about halfway through the baking). Baguettes should cool completely before eating because they continue to cook and set up during the cooling phase.